Here are some ideas of things you can do for you candidate as you journey with them toward Confirmation and after they have received the Sacrament!
1. Text your candidate an encouraging bible verse.
2. Attend one of their games or performances!
3. Invite them to go get ice cream or coffee after the retreat. Invite them to share how it went.
4. Hand write a short note telling them how you prayed for them. Mail it to their house. Everyone loves mail!
5. Tell them they can text you anytime with prayer intentions. Pray for their intentions.
6. Gift them a journal and encourage them to write down any spiritual insights they receive during their time with you, Confirmation prep, or the homily at mass.
7. Share your faith journey with them.
8. Show them which Catholic Apps are your favorite!
9. Read the upcoming Sunday Gospel together and talk about it.
10. Pray with your teen for any intentions you both have when you are together.
11. Invite them to go on a rosary walk. (Literally go on a walk an pray the rosary while you are walking.)
12. Ask the candidate how they need to be supported during this time.
13. Share an uplifting quote from the saint they are choosing for Confirmation.
14. Send them links to articles they would like on the LIFETEEN BLOG.